Innovative, Compassionate Memory Care
Living with memory loss or dementia, including Alzheimer’s diseases doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Capri Communities has 10 signature communities located throughout Southeast Wisconsin that feature Blu Grotto Memory Care neighborhoods. Blu Grotto is a nod to our Italian heritage and a place where we believe that calm, peace and joy are possible.
Our signature, research-based program focuses on treating a person living with dementia – not just the disease. From daily routines to special occasions, our goal is to make sure that our Blu Grotto residents always feel comfortable, safe, accepted and engaged.
Memory Care Services and Amenities Include:
- Thoughtful, nurturing and continuous care with personalized care plans
- Nutritious meals and snacks offered throughout the day to promote good health
- Daily lifestyle programming that promotes well-being, engagement and movement
- Welcoming and home-like indoor and outdoor common spaces
- A physical and emotional safe haven neighborhood designed with the understanding of the symptoms of dementia to prevent or reduce unsafe responses
- Medication management
- Enjoy Life Adventure Series outings and daytrip excursions
Early Dementia Signs and Symptoms Questionnaire
While nothing replaces a professional medical assessment, we created this tool to help family members track the type and frequency of dementia symptoms that a loved one may be experiencing.
Our Blu Grotto program is based on the International Council on Active Aging (ICAA) and the National Wellness Institute’s six dimensions of wellness: physical, social, emotional, spiritual, occupational and intellectual. By focusing on engagement and meeting the needs of each individual, our program’s three core components build daily resident activity to stimulate cognitive engagement.
Develops individualized care plans built around maximizing good brain health at every stage.
Field to Fare
Practices life skills (planning, gardening, shopping, preparing and socializing) using familiar and procedural memory to foster a sense of success and comfort.
From Me to You
Supports a sense of emotional well-being while fostering friendships with peers that share similar skills for highest cognitive, physical and social abilities.
Blu Grotto Memory Care Communities
About Our Expert
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- Dementia Care Specialist (DCS)
- Health and Wellness Manager Certificate (HWM)
- Dementia Live Coach (DLC)
- Award-winning expert on dementia education
Ask Mari Pat!
If you have a question about dementia or want to speak with an expert in the field, Ask Mari Pat! With over 40+ years of experience in health and senior care, Mari Pat McAuliff is Capri’s Director of Active Aging and Memory Care Services. Mari Pat is passionate about helping families touched by dementia and is happy to answer your questions and/or make recommendations to the correct resources which may support you through your individual journey. There are no strings attached!
View our Blu Grotto® brochure
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the benefits of Memory Care communities for caregivers of those with dementia?
- Peace of mind knowing your loved one is well taken care of and safe.
- More time to spend with your loved one versus caring for your loved one.
- More time to spend with your family, doing things around the house and practicing self-care.
- Reduced risk of depression and anxiety.
- Eliminated risk of physical strain or injury from caregiving activities.
- Reduced responsibility for often-complicated hands-on healthcare duties.
What is unique about a Memory Care Community?
Memory Care neighborhoods provide compassionate, specialized care for older adults with dementia. Similar to Assisted Living communities, Memory Care residents receive nutritious meals, assistance with daily living activities and supportive services designed specifically for their needs. At Capri, our Blu Grotto signature program has been developed in conjunction with the International Council on Active Aging and National Wellness Institutes’ six dimensions of wellness. Individual care plans are created for each resident’s specific needs.
How have Capri’s Blu Grotto Memory Care Neighborhoods been designed?
Very intentionally! We provide all the comforts of home with quality, daily opportunities for mental, physical and emotional engagement. We use space, technology, engagement stations and color to create a comfortable and familiar environment in order to help with resident navigation. We also provide secure and beautiful outdoor spaces for residents to use throughout the year. Our technology includes safety call systems and electronic record keeping.