Affordable Independent Living
UCC Village is comprised of (19) one-bedroom apartments designed to meet the housing needs of low-income older adults from the south side community. It is conveniently located on the United Community Center campus so that residents can participate in programs at the UCC senior center. Residents have access to all UCC older adult programs including a senior meal program, arts and crafts, music, cultural arts, transportation, social, recreational, and educational services.
Residents of UCC Village must be at least 62 years of age and are required to meet certain income restrictions as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Qualifying residents will only be required to pay 30% of their gross adjusted income as their monthly rent charge.
Campus Amenities and Services
- Subsidized independent living apartments
- 24-hour apartment manager
- Community Room and resident kitchen
- Assistance in accessing needed social services
- Maintenance-free living
- Electric, gas and water utilities included
- Controlled guest access
- Roll-in Showers
- Wheelchair leg-room under sinks
- Adjustable height shelving
- Adjustable showers
- Room design with wheelchair mobility in mind